The holiday season is upon us and the countdown to the home invasion has officially begun. If out of town guests tend to stress you out (you’re not alone!), then this post is just for you. We’ve compiled a list of tips to help you prepare your home to wow your out of town guests.
Make a good first impression
The first things your visitors are going to notice are the exterior of your house and your property. You’ll want to make sure everything is in tip-top shape to avoid those snarky under-the-breath comments.
- Clean out your gutters. You’d be surprised what a big difference clean gutters make.
- Show your front porch some love. Make sure the welcoming platform of your home is cobweb and filth free.
- Clear and clean your driveway and paths. Take some time to blow the leaves and debris from your pathways and driveway. If those pesky leaves have left stains (they’re known for that…), make sure to make an appointment to have your concrete power washed.
- Wash the exterior of your house. When was the last time you actually washed the exterior of your house? Now that you’ve taken a closer look, are you noticing some strange coloration and build up? Book an appointment for a soft wash stat.
Make them feel at home
You want to take good care of your guests and to make them feel right at home. But how?
- Provide toiletries. Make a collection of various toiletries your guests may need and set up a nice basket in the bathroom. Bonus points if you collect hotel samples throughout the year to share with your guest.
- Make a welcome basket. Fill it with things like powerbars, fruit, favorite snacks, a spare set of headphones, powercord, bottled water, lotions, lip balm, and sleep masks. Your guests will love it and will feel like they can treat their room like a little getaway when they need a break from the hustle bustle of the house.
- Find out how they take their coffee. People are pretty serious about their coffee drinking. Don’t let Aunt Sue start the day on the wrong foot without the right creamer. Stock up on your guests favorite coffee mixins.
- Stock a breakfast buffet. Guests tend to rise and shine on their own time. Keep a collection of single serve cereals, muffins, bagels, cereal bars, and fruit on display in the kitchen to allow them to self-serve as they get moving.
And most importantly, spend quality time with the people you love!
If you happened to stumble upon this post, we’re Carolina Power Washing, and we provide Mecklenburg County, the greater Charlotte Metro area, and Fort Mill, SC with premier power washing, house washing, and gutter cleaning services! To learn more or to get a free quote, click here!